How to Do a Google Keyword Research
There are many tools and methods that you can use to do keyword research. However, there are keywords search volume database only a few that you can use to do Google keyword research.
Here are a few tips and tricks to get the most out of your Google keyword research and get down to the business of incorporating those keywords into your website.
1. Use a keyword research tool that incorporates Google’s own database into its software. For example; Google’s AdWords tool is an effective way to find out exactly how many searches there are for any given keyword phrase.
It not only tells you how many searches there are for keyword phrases that you can think of, it also shows you results for keyword phrases you can’t think of. Its synonym database is effective in this regard.
The only drawback to AdWords is; it does not show you what the competition is up to and therefore you may end up choosing keyword phrases that are extremely difficult to rank for.
2. Be sure, when doing Google keyword research, that you choose long tail keyword phrases as well as short ones. The longer the keyword phrase the better chance you have of ranking on a search engine results page.
The reason for this is because most of your competing websites will not be using this long tail keyword phrases and the exact order of the words in those phrases determines how search engines rank those pages. In other words, if you use a specific long tail keyword phrase and no other sites do it, you will likely outrank all of them.
3. A good Google keyword research tool is one that helps you determine what the competition is up to. Knowing how your competitors have used keyword phrases on and off their sites is important.
There are very few keyword tools and software that you can use to do this. Do your homework however, they are out there.
Here are some things to keep in mind. Does the keyword research tool show you how many back links there are to the page and to the website? Does it show you if the competing websites are using the keyword phrase in their meta tags and content? Does it show you the age of the domain name and if they have a Dmoz listing?
If you don’t know what some of these things are that’s the reason you need a Google keyword research tool that can help you.
4. Make sure that the software or tool that you choose is easy to use. There is nothing worse that a software that is overcomplicated. It should also come with tutorials either on video or written text.
I prefer software that uses video as a tutorial system.
5. Price is always a consideration. There are varying degrees of pricing structures out there. I would go with a software that has a one time fee. Yes, you can find services that charge a monthly or even yearly fee. I wouldn’t recommend that.
The good news is; there is software out there for under a hundred bucks. Do your research and seek out software that is cost effective and does what you want it to do.
Google keyword research is important because of course Google is the number one search engine on the planet. So, if you’re using a keyword research tool that does not fact in Google’s database then you’re not on the right track.
Also, don’t be fooled by clever copy writers who claim that their software is the best. Make sure you read reviews and follow what the expert advice is. And, don’t be too hasty in your decision. Take your time and make sure you choose the Google keyword research tool that is right for the job.